About Southampton Elementary
When Southampton’s first principal, Mrs. Dorthy Burton opened the school's doors on September 30, 1959. Six hundred thirty-nine students along with their teachers, parents and neighbors began a tradition of excellence that continues today. The original building constructed by Chesterfield County, consisted of fifteen classrooms, cafeteria, and a library for students in grades first through six.
By the late sixties, the building was expanded to twenty-nine classrooms accommodating 815 students. An enlarged library, multipurpose room, and computer lab. During the 2019-2020 school year, a computer lab was outfitted with new computers, printers, and SMART Boards.
- Mrs. Dorothy Burton 1959 – 1965
- Mr. Claybrook 1965 – 1967
- Mrs. Charles Stanton 1967 – 1971
- Mrs. Helen Kelly 1971 – 1974
- Dr. Sylvia Robinson 1974 – 1989
- Mrs. Ann Jenkins 1989 – 1995
- Mrs. Joyce Lanier 1995 – 1999
- Dr. Joyce Keene 1999 – 2001
- Mrs. Linda Bennett 2001 – 2013
- Mrs. Sheleta Crews 2013 - Present
Southampton Elementary School was established in 1959.
Southampton Elementary School was acquired in 1970 (by annexation from Chesterfield County).
"You Just Can't Hide That Southampton Pride"
Red & White